July 23 – Metamora Mennonite Church, Metamora, IL
July 23 – FUMC Pekin, IL
J Robert Eagan has performed music/comedy/storytelling shows in bars and living rooms and has taught at the seminary level in seminar formats, in socratic/discussion oriented settings, and from the pulpit to groups from Catholic to Conservative Baptist faith traditions. He has been teaching in some capacity within the American church since 2002. The following is a breakdown of the kinds of events JRE is excited about doing. We can discuss fees for each of these kinds of events after you get in touch with us using the contact form below.
- ‘Strangers Thing’ Show – This is a music/comedy/storytelling show challenging the ideal of tolerance in American society. Using original music and humorous personal story, JRE helps demonstrate that tolerance is a low-bar and challenges people to identify who their ‘other’ is in an out-of-the-ordinary show. JRE has performed this show in Chicago, Milwaukee, Peoria, and St. Louis, and would love to come to your city.
[Strangers Thing] made us laugh out loud, squirm in our seats, and deeply engage a challenge to build relationships with ‘others.’ J Robert Eagan brings his full, quirky self to this work, and so creates a space in which we also participate with the fullness of who we are.”
~Erin Coleman Branchaud – St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, Chicago IL
Jeff [J Robert Eagan] has been wonderful to work with. We have brought him in multiple times to help us frame and process the challenging issues of pursing faith and peace in a multicultural world. Each time he has helped us take a real step forward in our conversation and life in our community.”
~Brandon Brown – Collective MKE, Milwaukee WI
- Seminar – Islam in Perspective: History, Belief, and Making Peace This is a six-hour seminar designed to help interested learners come to an understanding of Islam and Muslims in an effort to encourage engagement in actual relationships with Muslims in our communities. JRE most recently presented this workshop at Mount St. Mary’s University Seminary in Emmitsburg, MD.
- Seminars/Workshops – JRE would love to customize a workshop/seminar for your group based on interest and time.
- Keynote Speaker – If you are hosting an event and need an ‘expert’ to lend weight to a peace/interfaith effort, JRE would love to be a part of it.
- Weekend Service Speaker – JRE loves to meet and inspire people in faith communities to engage in meaningful, life changing and life giving relationships across lines of religious and cultural difference. He has filled pulpits in Mennonite, Baptist, Lutheran, and non-denominational settings, and is open for anything in this regard.
- Chapel Speaker – If you are looking for a chapel speaker for high school or college chapel services, JRE is interested. For a speaking reference, contact Tim Reed, Campus Pastor at Arizona Christian University: firstname.lastname@example.org